Join Our Team
Create life-long friendships, gain valuable leadership skills, explore new opportunities to grow in Christ, and even find clarity in what God is calling you to do with your life; a Summer at camp is a life-changing experience.
Applying for Camp
Elementary/Early Childhood interviews are on February 15, 2020.
Training week is June 8 – 12.
New staff orientation is on June 7.
Camp runs June 15 – July 31.
Staff are off the week of June 29 – July 3.
SUMMER STAFF INTERVIEWS
Elementary & Early Childhood interviews are conducted in a single day with every applicant interviewing simultaneously. The day starts at 9am with an introduction to our staff, an overview of the job you are interviewing for, and an explanation of the interview events. Interviews typically consist of a series of group interviews, team challenges, and individual interviews.
Extended Care interviews are done one-on-one with the Camp Director. They are scheduled once your application is received.
Make A Life
Applicants must be at least 16 by July 7, 2020.
Summer Staff Roles
Extended Care Staff
Extended Care Staff oversee Before & After Care for the Elementary Camp. They are responsible for ensuring the safety of kids who arrive before camp begins or stay late after camp has ended.
Extended Care staff are expected to attend a one day training during the week of June 8 – 12 (date to be determined). You must be available to work at least three weeks of the six weeks of Extended Care (June 15 – July 31). Work hours are approximately 7:15 – 10a or 3:30 – 5:45p and staff can work either Before Care, After Care, or both.
Early Childhood Staff
Early Childhood camp consists of kids ages 3 – 5 and is unique in the following ways:
- This age group requires you to always be on. There are no breaks and kids require a constant presence.
- This age group requires more personal care as they are developing new skills.
- This age group requires consistent redirection and teaching instead of discipline; they learning the rules of the world and can’t be expected to just know what is right or wrong.
- This age group is full of wonder and staff need to be able to help them see the wonder of their world and of God.
Summer staff for this camp are expected to attend a training week from June 8 – 12. The camp dates are from June 22 – July 24. Work hours are approximately 8:30am to 1:00pm, an average of 22.5 hours per week.
Elementary camp consists of kids entering 1st through 6th grades and is unique in the following ways:
- This age group needs consistent and loving discipline when a wrong is committed.
- Elementary kids need someone to say “I like you just the way you were made” and “of course I want to be your friend.”
- Staff must embrace the competition. This age group loves to compete.
- This age group values both individualized attention and fairness to the whole group.
Summer staff for this camp are expected to attend a training week from June 7 – 12. The camp dates are from June 15 – July 26. Work hours are approximately 8:30a – 4:30p, an average of 40 hours per week.
Applicants must be at least 16 by June 7, 2020.